I should probably use gnus-newsgroup-unseen rather than gnus-newsgroup-articles. But for a first pass, this appears to at least be close. > I don't think there's a way to automatically find out if a group is > not a mail group, is there? I actually only care about a single backend, which is easier to check. You can check if something is news or not (gnus-news-group-p), at least. -- David Maze dmaze@mit.edu http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/ "Theoretical politics is interesting. Politicking should be illegal." -- Abra Mitchell