Emanuel Berg writes: > Dmitrii Kashin writes: > >>> I have two problems that I suspect are related. Quite >>> often, but not always, when I use >>> `gnus-article-fill-cited-article' or >>> `gnus-article-followup-with-original' it works >>> *except for the first paragraph*. >> >> Cool. Really. >> >> Does your problem exist if you start gnus with a clean >> configuration? > > How do I test that? If I run Emacs with -Q, and then run > Gnus, I'm not getting connected to the server. Easily. Move your gnus-rc file (~/.gnus) somewhere, start emacs with -q (not -Q) flag. Run `gnus` function. Then use B key [1] to browse any nntp server you want. And then try to answer somebody. [1] (info "(gnus)Browse Foreign Server") > If you have a good eye for what configuration might > screw it up (headers perhaps?), have a look at Maybe later. Let's firstly detect the root of problems. I just suggested it was some very smart hook you had added.