* G G on groups
@ 2012-04-06  8:58 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-04-06  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I'm using Ma Gnus v0.4 (update last week or so -- but that does not matter for
the question here), and want to try using `G G' a lot more.

Though,

- on `gnu.emacs.gnus', I get the error

  gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group: Couldn't request group: Search produced
  empty results.

- on `nntp+gmane:gmane.emacs.orgmode', it does work.

Is it expected to be failing on some groups?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: G G on groups
@ 2012-04-06 14:38 ` Andrew Cohen
From: Andrew Cohen @ 2012-04-06 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

    Sebastien> Hello, I'm using Ma Gnus v0.4 (update last week or so --
    Sebastien> but that does not matter for the question here), and want
    Sebastien> to try using `G G' a lot more.

    Sebastien> Though,

    Sebastien> - on `gnu.emacs.gnus', I get the error

    Sebastien>   gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group: Couldn't request
    Sebastien> group: Search produced empty results.

    Sebastien> - on `nntp+gmane:gmane.emacs.orgmode', it does work.

    Sebastien> Is it expected to be failing on some groups?

This key sequence uses nnir to search. nntp servers do not support
searching, except for gmane which has a nice search interface by Olly
Betts. So my guess is you are reading gnu.emacs.gnus through a news
server (not gmane) and that's why you don't get any results.