* Reading Atom Feeds
@ 2007-11-16 16:31 Volkan YAZICI
From: Volkan YAZICI @ 2007-11-16 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

While it is possible to subscribe to RSS feeds via G R, same doesn't
work for atom feeds. How do you read atom feeds in gnus?

Regards.

* Re: Reading Atom Feeds
@ 2007-11-16 17:10 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-11-16 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Volkan,

> While it is possible to subscribe to RSS feeds via G R, same doesn't
> work for atom feeds. How do you read atom feeds in gnus?

I believe Gnus cannot read atom feeds.  For newsfeeds I use
newsticker.el (included in Emacsen >= 22).

,----[ ~/repos/emacs/lisp/net/newsticker.el ]
| ;; Headlines consist of a title and (possibly) a small description.  They
| ;; are contained in "RSS" (RDF Site Summary) or "Atom" files.  Newsticker
| ;; should work with the following RSS formats:
| ;;  * RSS 0.91
| ;;    (see http://backend.userland.com/rss091 or
| ;;    http://my.netscape.com/publish/formats/rss-spec-0.91.html)
| ;;  * RSS 0.92
| ;;    (see http://backend.userland.com/rss092)
| ;;  * RSS 1.0
| ;;    (see http://purl.org/rss/1.0/spec)
| ;;  * RSS 2.0
| ;;    (see http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss)
| ;; as well as the following Atom formats:
| ;;  * Atom 0.3
| ;;  * Atom 1.0
| ;;    (see http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atompub-format-11.txt)
| ;; That makes Newsticker.el an "Atom aggregator, "RSS reader", "RSS
| ;; aggregator", and "Feed Reader".
`----

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Reading Atom Feeds
@ 2007-11-16 18:56 ` Hasse Hagen Johansen
From: Hasse Hagen Johansen @ 2007-11-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

    Volkan> Hi, While it is possible to subscribe to RSS feeds via G
    Volkan> R, same doesn't work for atom feeds. How do you read atom
    Volkan> feeds in gnus?

    Volkan> Regards.

I am using nntprss. It is a java program which are polling feeds and
converting them to newsgroups. I run it under daemontools, and havenøt
have any problems with it.You can find it here
http://www.methodize.org/nntprss/

Regards
Hasse