* Switching off mail sources temporarily
@ 2004-01-15 21:14 David Hanak
From: David Hanak @ 2004-01-15 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Is there a regular way of turning off a mail source temporarily or I have
to write a function that regenerates mail-sources whenever I want a change?

(The problem is that one of my mail service providers is a bit unreliable
and connection to the server often fails for a period, and then it comes
back.)

Thanks for any ideas,

--
David Hanak - Research Engineer
Institute for Software Integrated Systems  |  http://www.isis.vanderbilt.edu

* Re: Switching off mail sources temporarily
@ 2004-01-16  2:26 ` Jesper Harder
       [not found]   ` <un08nyjjk.fsf@isisSEND.vanderbiltME.eduSPAM>
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-01-16  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hanak <dhanakDONT@isisSEND.vanderbiltME.eduSPAM> writes:

> Is there a regular way of turning off a mail source temporarily or I
> have to write a function that regenerates mail-sources whenever I
> want a change?

Go to the server buffer and press `D' (deny) on the server.  Press
`O' (open) when you want to enable it again.

* Re: Switching off mail sources temporarily
       [not found]       ` <87lln5jxhe.fsf@emptyhost.emptydomain.de>
@ 2004-02-15 16:22         ` pkd
From: pkd @ 2004-02-15 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> There is no "group corresponding to a mail source".  At least not in
> the common case.  The common case is that people just put some entries
> in mail-sources, and if they don't specify split methods, then all
> mails from all sources will end up in nnml:mail.misc, or whatever.
>
> Or is it really the case that people use mail-sources server
> parameters routinely these days?

maybe.

anyway, you're right, shame on me.

> In that case, I apologize for the tone of this message.
>
> I apologize for the tone of this message anyway.

Feb 14 ain't no geeks day, definitely (just kidding)

--
frank zappa - francesco zappa/opus i, no. 4, 2nd movement, allegro