* setting charset header when posting
@ 2002-10-09 16:42 Paul Roberts
From: Paul Roberts @ 2002-10-09 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem. When I try to post a message using
characters that don't appear in the ASCII charset, gnus correctly
recognises this and encodes the message using Latin-3, which does
contain the characters I am sending. However, I would prefer it to use
utf-8.

Is there any way of telling it which character set to prefer?

I have no trouble reading messages that are encoded with unicode, the
problem is just getting my posts to use that system.

I am using the input method esperanto-postfix, and have tried setting
the buffer encoding to UTF-8 but this makes no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help you can suggest.

Cheers, - Paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-09 16:42 UTC | newest]