* nnimap: move spam mail to different group
@ 2002-10-04 10:26 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2002-10-04 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm using gnus 5.9 on ntemacs 21.1 and I want to move my spam mail to
"Deleted Items"(yes, it's MS exchange) folder.  As that's a different
group I've subscribed to, how does one automatically move spam mails
to that group?  I receive spam from sources, say which has
Subj:FREE||BUY NOW etc.  The examples in the manual show splitting to
folders within the same group but not to different groups.  Can
someone show some snippets of code to do it?

regards,
Sivaram

* Re: nnimap: move spam mail to different group
@ 2002-10-05 22:27 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-05 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

sivaramn@sunguru.com (Sivaram Neelakantan) writes:

> I'm using gnus 5.9 on ntemacs 21.1 and I want to move my spam mail to
> "Deleted Items"(yes, it's MS exchange) folder.  As that's a different
> group I've subscribed to, how does one automatically move spam mails
> to that group?  I receive spam from sources, say which has
> Subj:FREE||BUY NOW etc.  The examples in the manual show splitting to
> folders within the same group but not to different groups.  Can
> someone show some snippets of code to do it?

Folders within the same group?  Folders in different groups?  I don't
understand.

If your inbox is named "nnimap:INBOX" and Deleted Items is named
"nnimap:Deleted Items", then it should Just Work.  Only if the prefix
of INBOX (ie, "nnimap:") is different from the prefix of Deleted
Items, then you have problems.  But then my first question would be,
why are the prefixes different?

kai