* gnus-group-split
@ 2002-07-12 13:44 Adrian Kubala
From: Adrian Kubala @ 2002-07-12 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a very particular split setup, like so:

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
(gnus-group-split-setup t)
(add-hook 'gnus-group-split-updated-hook 'my-fancy-split)
(defun my-fancy-split ()
  ;; This ugly thing changes the normal & split into an | one
  (setq nnmail-split-fancy
   (cons '|
         (cons '(: nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent)
               (append (reverse (cdadr nnmail-split-fancy))
               (cddr nnmail-split-fancy))))))

(gnus-group-split-update)

This rather opaque list-manipulation reveals some deficiencies in the
group split.

1. Would it be possible to make the group-split fancy split memoising,
   so that `gnus-group-split-update' wasn't necessary? I don't know
   elisp too well, perhaps memoising isn't even possible without
   lexical binding?

2. The `reverse' is necessary because I like my groups displayed in a
   different order than they are sorted. Perhaps topics would be a
   partial answer to this. Though it seems a "group-split-priority" in
   the group parameters would be really useful.

adrian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-12 13:44 UTC | newest]