* Gnus plaintext email recommendations
@ 2023-05-24 17:51 Bartosz Kaczyński
From: Bartosz Kaczyński @ 2023-05-24 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi!

After many attempts, I finally have a working Gnus configuration for
sending and receiving emails and I am almost ready to switch my workflow
from Thunderbird to Gnus.
I would like to make sure and adhere to the recommendations outlined in
the link [1] whether Gnus follows these guidelines by default or if
there is any additional configuration you can recommend.

My main concern is that when replying to an HTML email, I want to ensure
that the email doesn't get "lost" HTML part and remains in plain text
format.
I intend to use Gnus in a work environment, and currently, when I reply
to a message in Gnus that was received in HTML format, all subsequent
messages are also in plain text, which causes confusion for other users
who primarily use Outlook.
I know that this is achievable in applications like Thunderbird, from
which I am currently composing this message, so I'm wondering how to
achieve the same effect in Gnus.
The mentioned website [1] includes the following paragraph:

 >When users send an HTML email explicitly, convert it to text/plain and
send a multipart/alternative email which includes both versions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and any other recommendations
are welcome!

Regards,
bartk

[1] https://useplaintext.email/