* Can a mail-sources :prescript communicate progress back to the user?
@ 2017-01-02 12:11 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2017-01-02 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

  Hi,

I am wondering whether there is any functionality for a :prescript in
mail-sources to report progress back to the user - e.g. by messages
being shown in the mini-buffer?

Having IMAP access cut off recently, I now have to use a :prescript
which connects to Microsoft Exchange Web Services and downloads emails.

It takes a while for the script to scan the relevant folders, so it
would be nice with some feedback like "Fetching from INBOX", "Fetching
from tests", etc.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Do I really want to set this in Denmark?"                   Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Can a mail-sources :prescript communicate progress back to the user?
@ 2018-04-11 17:19 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2018-04-11 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: info-gnus-english

> I am wondering whether there is any functionality for a :prescript in
> mail-sources to report progress back to the user - e.g. by messages
> being shown in the mini-buffer?

Yes...  can't you just use a prescript like, er,

:prescript (lambda () (message "Before fetching..."))

or something?

* Re: Can a mail-sources :prescript communicate progress back to the user?
@ 2018-04-11 19:33   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2018-04-11 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Lars writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>> I am wondering whether there is any functionality for a :prescript in
>> mail-sources to report progress back to the user - e.g. by messages
>> being shown in the mini-buffer?
>
> Yes...  can't you just use a prescript like, er,
>
> :prescript (lambda () (message "Before fetching..."))
>
> or something?

Hm, yes, I guess I could made my :prescript a (defun) that calls the
Python script and reads stdout, (message)'ing every line...

Thanks for the pointer!

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk