* Washing <span gibberish>stuff</span>
@ 2014-05-04 18:03 Ilan Pillemer
From: Ilan Pillemer @ 2014-05-04 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I am trygint to read articles in some groups with all this yucky markup
in it. I have tried all the wash commands and none seem to work. Mostly
its a case of having

read</span>

How do I wash that away?

--
Ilan

* Re: Washing <span gibberish>stuff</span>
@ 2014-05-07 21:47 ` W. Greenhouse
From: W. Greenhouse @ 2014-05-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Ilan,

Ilan Pillemer <ilan.pillemer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I am trygint to read articles in some groups with all this yucky markup
> in it. I have tried all the wash commands and none seem to work. Mostly
> its a case of having

> read</span>
>
> How do I wash that away?

If none of the washing commands are working, a nuclear option might be

(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives
      '("text/html"))

--
Best,
WGG

Reply to list only, please.
Off-list replies will be filtered and deleted.