* The Gnus registry could not be loaded from ~/.gnus.registry.eioio, creating a new one
@ 2013-04-23 12:31 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2013-04-23 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I very often see this error message when starting Gnus. It's very
inconvenient since the registry is then recreated from scratch and I've
no idea what is going wrong, the error message isn't very helpful.

Here is my setup:
* I run Gnus on two machines mostly unplugged, with gnus-agent-fetch run
from a cron job
* I synchronize the ~/Mail and ~/News directories, the ~/.gnus.el
~/.gnus.registry.eioio and ~/.gnus.registry.eld on these two machines with unison

Is there any reason why it shouldn't work ?

Julien.

* Re: The Gnus registry could not be loaded from ~/.gnus.registry.eioio, creating a new one
@ 2013-04-23 17:19 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2013-04-23 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> I very often see this error message when starting Gnus. It's very
> inconvenient since the registry is then recreated from scratch and
> I've no idea what is going wrong, the error message isn't very
> helpful.
>
> Here is my setup:
> * I run Gnus on two machines mostly unplugged, with gnus-agent-fetch run
> from a cron job
> * I synchronize the ~/Mail and ~/News directories, the ~/.gnus.el
> ~/.gnus.registry.eioio and ~/.gnus.registry.eld on these two machines with unison
>
> Is there any reason why it shouldn't work ?

Are you using two different emacs versions on the two machines?  If so,
it might be that the eieio format used by the registry changed between
those versions.

Bye,
Tassilo