* command+TAB for MacOS
@ 2010-08-27  9:53 ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2010-08-27  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

hi. I'm using MacOS 10.6.4

For this OS, command+TAB switches applications on the desktop.  But I wish
to use the command key as "control" for Emacs.

If I change the setting command-key to be "control", I cannot now switch
applications.

Is there anyway to take advantage of both: command+TAB for switching
applications, command=control for Emacs interface?

soichi

* Re: command+TAB for MacOS
@ 2010-08-27 11:57 ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-08-27 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com> writes:

> hi. I'm using MacOS 10.6.4
>
> For this OS, command+TAB switches applications on the desktop.  But I wish
> to use the command key as "control" for Emacs.
>
> If I change the setting command-key to be "control", I cannot now switch
> applications.
>
> Is there anyway to take advantage of both: command+TAB for switching
> applications, command=control for Emacs interface?

If I may suggest you something, it is much more comfortable to use Emacs
(and most other software too) if you swap Control and CapsLock. It
enables you to press the Control key with your little finger with hardly
any movement of your left hand and completely without any strain on your
wrist. I've used a layout like this for quite some time now and I
recommend it to everyone. Unfortuantelly I can't help you with Mac OS
but I am quite sure it's feasible.

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach