* mai laddress rewrite
@ 2006-10-06 21:58 Renee Klawitter
From: Renee Klawitter @ 2006-10-06 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there!  I'm trying to rewrite my address when posting through nntp;
as you can see, without luck.  I've skimmed through the gnus help and
found:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(("nntp:.*"
         (address "klawitter(at)email(dot)de"))))

But that obviously didn't do the trick. What did I miss ?
Many thanks in advance!
Renee.

--
"The major difference between a thing  that might go wrong and a thing
    that cannot  possibly go  wrong is that  when a thing  that cannot

* Re: mai laddress rewrite
@ 2006-10-07  0:13 ` Peter Wu
From: Peter Wu @ 2006-10-07  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 23:58:27 +0200, Renee Klawitter wrote:

> Hi there!  I'm trying to rewrite my address when posting through nntp;
> as you can see, without luck.  I've skimmed through the gnus help and
> found:
>
> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>       '(("nntp:.*"
>          (address "klawitter(at)email(dot)de"))))
>
> But that obviously didn't do the trick. What did I miss ?

This is mine.

;; gnus posting styles
(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"                          ;;  default settings
	 (address "peterwu@somewhere.com"))
	((message-news-p)               ;; for news
	 (address "peterwu@hotmail.com"))))

HTH.

--
Peter Wu
Powered by Gentoo GNU/Linux 2.6.17

* Re: mai laddress rewrite
@ 2006-10-07  4:55   ` Renee Klawitter
From: Renee Klawitter @ 2006-10-07  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks again!
--
For contacting me: klawitter(at)email(dot)de