From: spamtrap@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
Subject: Re: How to create/read "Security Multipart" MIME messages?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:32:52 +0200	[thread overview]

On 09 Sep 2003 16:00:11 +0200, Peter wrote:

> I wonder whether anyone has succeeded in configuring GNUS to create
> and read e-mail, which is PGP-encrypted according to the "Security
> Multiparts for MIME" format described in RFC 1847? (That's the
> encrypted-message format used by Mutt, among others.)

I'm using these lines in my ~/.gnus to communicate encrypted with a
friend who uses mutt. We both use GnuPG:

 (require 'gpg)
 (setq mml2015-use 'gpg)
 (setq gpg-temp-directory (expand-file-name "~/.gnupg/tmp"))
 (setq gpg-command-default-alist (quote ((gpg . "gpg") (gpg-2comp . "gpg"))))
 (setq mm-verify-option 'known)
 (setq mm-decrypt-option 'known)
 (setq gpg-passphrase-timeout 36000) ; Ten hours
 (setq gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/signed" "multipart/encrypted"))

In my ~/.xemacs/init.el, I've got (along with other bbdb-configuration):

 (require 'bbdb-pgp)

and in bbdb his entry I've added a field like this:

 pgp-mail: encrypt

so that Gnus automatically encrypts email to him.

Disclaimer: This was set up quite a while ago - with kind assistance
from this group - some things may have changed in the meantime, so
perhaps some of the above is not needed or not recommended anymore. It
works for me, though.

  Best regards,

    Adam

P.S. I think you'd better try getting Gnus - rather than GNUS - to
handle this for you.

--
 "Vilken sanning, Måns, är sann?"                             Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk