* Re: Mailing List(s)
       [not found]   ` <20021030205353.18c869b4.kroc@blueyonder.co.uk>
@ 2002-10-31  7:41     ` Glyn Millington
       [not found]       ` <20021031214523.17d6c649.kroc@blueyonder.co.uk>
From: Glyn Millington @ 2002-10-31  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith O'Connell <kroc@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
> 	OK - thanks
> 	http://www.vvie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kroc/emacs
> 	http://www.vvie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kroc/gnus
>
>> What are your Gnus and Emacs versions?
> 	Emacs 21.2.1 & Gnus 5.9.0

Well the above look alright to me, though I'm no expert.   Forgive me a
stupid question - are you subscribed to the Debian list under the
blueyonder address?

Glyn

* Re: Mailing List(s)
       [not found]       ` <20021031214523.17d6c649.kroc@blueyonder.co.uk>
@ 2002-11-01 13:57         ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2002-11-01 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith O'Connell <kroc@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> I am, however it makes no real difference as I posted a message to the
> group from an non-subscribed hotmail account and it appeared almost
> straight away

OK.

1. Have you had a look at the logs in /var/log ?  Any mention of these
   posts there?

2. You have archiving switched on for outgoing posts - presumably the
   posts it the debian list end up there.  How about a specimen of all
   the headers from one which failed to get through?

3. Do you really want to specify your mail-host-address as your ISP's smtp
   server?  Seems odd to me, though I could be wrong.

4. What MTA are you using?  Anything in the log-files there?

If there is no sign of anything in any of these places, then maybe the
trouble is at the other end and it might be worth subscribing again ;-0
Certainly I read the Debian users list with Gnus here and have no
problems.

Persverance is worth it in this case!

Glyn