* lost email
@ 2002-08-27 16:08 Adrian Kubala
From: Adrian Kubala @ 2002-08-27 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Oort.

A bunch of my emails seem to have gone missing in the expiry process.
Usually my emails expire from the "active" group to the "archive"
group. Just now I was looking for a particular thread and couldn't
find it... now it's possible I'm just confused but not likely.

My theory is I quit gnus improperly after a bunch of messages were
expired, and the changes didn't get saved. I often get warnings to the
effect of "mail.personal has autosave information, consider
restoring". If this is the case I'm worried because I do this a lot,
and it seems terribly unsafe not to save the buffer immediately.

Anyone have any vague ideas?

adrian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-27 16:08 UTC | newest]