* Re: Q: Splitting gcc-ed mail copies according to to-field
       [not found] <m3g01dh741.fsf@gemini.local>
@ 2002-04-30 11:53 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <m3y9f5fjra.fsf@gemini.local>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-30 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Markus Spring <m.spring@gmx.de> writes:

> does anybody know how to split gcc-ed mail copies according to their
> to-address into subfolders of the mail archive?

This doesn't make sense: Gcc is explicitly made for putting copies
_directly_ into a specific group.

You want something other than Gcc.  For example, you could use Fcc
(which writes to a file), and then you could add a mail-sources entry
pointing to that file.  Then the copies will be split normally.

Or you Bcc yourself a copy.

Does this help?

Hm.

Maybe you mean to ask how to automatically create the right Gcc
header in the first place.  This is also possible.  Type `G c' on a
group and set its gcc-self parameter.  After this, hitting `m' from
within that group will create the "right" Gcc header.  (You don't
have to enter the group, `C-u m' on the group from the Group buffer
will do, as well.)

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: Q: Splitting gcc-ed mail copies according to to-field
       [not found]       ` <m3pu0hfem1.fsf@gemini.local>
@ 2002-04-30 15:28         ` Rendhalver [Peter Brown]
From: Rendhalver [Peter Brown] @ 2002-04-30 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Markus> found it.  If I get it right, group splitting needs
    Markus> predefined groups. This would go as a last resort, but
    Markus> what I really wanted was dynamic creation of groups
    Markus> according to the to address.

try this

(any "eicq-\\b\\(\\w+\\)\\(-?\\w?\\)@lists.sourceforge.net" "eicq.\\1")

this will split the email into groups like this

email from eicq-devel@lists.sourceforge.net will go in eicq.devel
email from eicq-bugs@lists.sourceforge.net will go in eicq.bugs

and so on

--
 XEmacs Advocate | Do not try to bend the spoon, that's impossible,
 FreeBSD Devote  | but try to realise the truth...