On Thursday, 2 Mar 2017 at 14:49, Ben Bacarisse wrote: > Eric S Fraga writes: [...] >> So what does the 'passive setting accomplish? > > It turns off all automatic caching making it an entirely manual process. > The result is that * saves the article essentially forever (by entering > it into the cache) and M-* removes is from the cache (usually deleting > in the process). > > The manual calls this "Persistent Articles" and it's described in the > section after "Article Caching". I found this a bit confusing. I'd > have called that setting 'manual' rather than 'passive'. Ah, okay, thanks! Yes, manual may be better than passive but passive now makes sense. -- Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)