* Re: RSS article with images from blogger causes Gnus to hang
       [not found] <mailman.12518.1390325881.10748.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-25  0:31 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-01-25  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaram Neelakantan; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> I've subscribed to the news.gwene.org r-bloggers newsfeed and I've
> noticed that if the article links to blogspot.com png image, gnus
> kicks off an openssl client call on port 80 and it becomes
> unresponsive.

If you have the gnutls libraries installed, Emacs shouldn't need to use
any external programs to fetch HTTPS stuff.

I can't explain the hang, though.  `C-g' should kill the external
process anyway.  I'm not a Windows user, though, so I can't really help
with the hang.  Report the hang with `M-x report-emacs-bug'.

* RSS article with images from blogger causes Gnus to hang
@ 2014-01-21 17:37 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2014-01-21 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I've subscribed to the news.gwene.org r-bloggers newsfeed and I've
noticed that if the article links to blogspot.com png image, gnus
kicks off an openssl client call on port 80 and it becomes
unresponsive.  C-g doesn't work and I'm forced to terminate Emacs 24.3
on Win 7.  I also have cygwin installed which has openssl which works
fine with Emacs I think, as I believe that connects to gmail to fetch
my emails.

Why are ssl calls triggered for blogger sites and how do I make it go
away or make Gnus give up if it doesn't connect?

 sivaram