* duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnlocal
@ 2012-12-05 17:37 Julien Cubizolles
  2012-12-05 17:48 ` duplicates in Server Browse buffet and invisible messages in nnml (was: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnlocal) Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-12-05 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I've noticed that all the groups listed in the Server Browse Buffer in
my nnlocal method show up twice, with slightly different messages
numbers  (45 and 47 for example). How can it be so ? I have
(setq gnus-select-method
	'(nnml "local"))
in .gnus.el and was under the impression that it would just return a
list of all folders in ~/Mail ?

Also, I've experienced several strange things with these groups :

* some messages regularly reappear as unread even though I marked the
  whole group as read with c

* I can't get some messages in the Summary Buffer even though the
  corresponding file exists in the ~/Mail/folder

Could all these be related ?

Julien.

@ 2012-12-05 17:48 ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-12-05 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Just changed the misleading subject.

* Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnml
@ 2012-12-05 20:52 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-12-05 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Dec 05 2012, Julien Cubizolles wrote:

> I've noticed that all the groups listed in the Server Browse Buffer in
> my nnlocal method show up twice, with slightly different messages
> numbers  (45 and 47 for example).

Hi,

Is it possible, that the group names have utf8-characters?
I've a very similar issue, whenever there are accented characters in the
group name: group shows up twice or more, number of messages varies.

Latest git version.

--
           Peter

* Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnml
@ 2012-12-07 13:11   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-12-07 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 05 2012, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that all the groups listed in the Server Browse Buffer in
>> my nnlocal method show up twice, with slightly different messages
>> numbers  (45 and 47 for example).

> Is it possible, that the group names have utf8-characters?
> I've a very similar issue, whenever there are accented characters in the
> group name: group shows up twice or more, number of messages varies.

Unfor, that's not the case for me. I made some progress though, running
gnus-server-regenerate-server (g) in the *Server* buffer cleared the
duplicate entries in the groups list of the nnml server.

But I'm now faced with another puzzle : I also have a nnarchive server
for sent mail and news and I noticed that in the corresponding folder
every mailbox file has a backup file (~ suffix). Is that the expected
behaviour ? Because of that, every mailbox shows up as 2 groups with the
same name in the Browse Server buffer.

Julien.