* Gnus header in Rmail
@ 2012-11-30  3:50 Emanuel Berg
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2012-11-30  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I use Emacs' Rmail (M-x rmail) as my e-mail client. Since I started to
use Gnus, when I hit `C-x m` to get a blank e-mail to write (in
Message mode), this header is nowadays visible:

I suppose it has something to do with Message mode being used both to
send e-mails (and to respond to received ones, i.e., invocation from
Rmail) and to send articles to the newsgroups.

Help would be appreciated, as it is a bit weird (although I don't know
if people are paying attention to all strange headers in e-mails, it
just shouldn't be there).

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me!)
CV + code + screenshots: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: Gnus header in Rmail
@ 2012-11-30  3:54 ` Emanuel Berg
       [not found] ` <mailman.14150.1354280278.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2012-11-30  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

That should be: Gnus header in *Message mode*, not Rmail.
--

@ 2012-11-30 12:57 ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found] ` <mailman.14150.1354280278.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-11-30 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 04:50:52 +0100, Emanuel wrote:

> Help would be appreciated, as it is a bit weird (although I don't know
> if people are paying attention to all strange headers in e-mails, it
> just shouldn't be there).

I would think it would only be used internally and removed before
sending - did you check if it actually gets sent?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "we push onward. to you, it is 2005, to us, it is            Adam Sjøgren
  2011. we are always far ahead."                        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Gnus header in Rmail
       [not found] ` <mailman.14150.1354280278.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2012-12-01 14:03   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2012-12-01 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> Help would be appreciated, as it is a bit weird (although I don't
>> know if people are paying attention to all strange headers in
>> e-mails, it just shouldn't be there).
>
> I would think it would only be used internally and removed before
> sending - did you check if it actually gets sent?

You are correct, at least when I email myself, I don't get that
header. Still, it's a bit weird it's there, but I'm not pressing the
case. I could probably just as ease configure Message mode not to show
it.