* Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-06 16:30 Burton Samograd
From: Burton Samograd @ 2011-10-06 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I am just starting to use Gnus with my work email over IMAP to an
Exchange server.  The only problem I'm currently seeing is that when I
do a reply (either with 'r' or 'f') the body of the original message is
not included or quoted in the reply.  I used gnus a while back and never
had any problem with original not being included or quoted in the reply
message.  I have manually tried calling gnus-summary-reply-with-original
but that also seems quite broken, not even giving me an email header in
the message, not the body of the original.

Is there a setting to allow this behaviour to work properly? I'll add
that I am running the git version of emacs so there might be a bug due
to a new gnus merge, but I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone
has any suggestions.

Thanks.

--
Burton Samograd

* Re: Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-06 16:52 ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2011-10-06 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Oct 06 2011,Burton Samograd wrote:

> Hello,

[snipped 9 lines]

> Is there a setting to allow this behaviour to work properly? I'll add
> that I am running the git version of emacs so there might be a bug due
> to a new gnus merge, but I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone
> has any suggestions.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Burton Samograd

What does 'R' instead of 'r' give as that's the key to quote the
original message?  And if 'R' does not work, can you tell what it's
bound to, in the Summary buffer by trying C-h k R ?

 sivaram

* Re: Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-06 16:57 ` Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2011-10-06 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Burton Samograd a écrit profondement:

| Hello,

| I am just starting to use Gnus with my work email over IMAP to an
| Exchange server.  The only problem I'm currently seeing is that when I
| do a reply (either with 'r' or 'f') the body of the original message is
| not included or quoted in the reply.  I used gnus a while back and never
| had any problem with original not being included or quoted in the reply
| message.  I have manually tried calling gnus-summary-reply-with-original
| but that also seems quite broken, not even giving me an email header in
| the message, not the body of the original.

| Is there a setting to allow this behaviour to work properly? I'll add
| that I am running the git version of emacs so there might be a bug due
| to a new gnus merge, but I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone
| has any suggestions.

"F" works great for me

--
Slackrat
Flying the Flag of the English

* Re: Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-06 17:07   ` Burton Samograd
From: Burton Samograd @ 2011-10-06 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sivaram,

Please note this message was manually quoted.

> What does 'R' instead of 'r' give as that's the key to quote the
> original message?  And if 'R' does not work, can you tell what it's
> bound to, in the Summary buffer by trying C-h k R ?

When I type R on your message I get the following buffer:

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

That is it (without the dashed lines).

R is bound to:

   R runs the command gnus-summary-reply-with-original

--

@ 2011-10-06 17:45     ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2011-10-06 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Oct 06 2011,Burton Samograd wrote:

> Sivaram,
>
> Please note this message was manually quoted.
>
>> What does 'R' instead of 'r' give as that's the key to quote the
>> original message?  And if 'R' does not work, can you tell what it's
>> bound to, in the Summary buffer by trying C-h k R ?
>
> When I type R on your message I get the following buffer:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
> That is it (without the dashed lines).
>
> R is bound to:
>
>    R runs the command gnus-summary-reply-with-original

Stumped.  That's what is bound for me too.  You should probably
generate a bug report and mail it in.

M-x gnus-bug will capture details; please edit it to remove any info
that might be sensitive and then mail it in.

 sivaram

* Re: Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-06 18:10       ` Burton Samograd
From: Burton Samograd @ 2011-10-06 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sivaram,

Bug submitted.  Thanks for the attempt at helping.

--

@ 2011-10-06 19:06   ` Leonidas Tsampros
From: Leonidas Tsampros @ 2011-10-06 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Slackrat <g-no-ose@azurservers.com> writes:

> Burton Samograd a écrit profondement:
>
> | Hello,
>
> | I am just starting to use Gnus with my work email over IMAP to an
> | Exchange server.  The only problem I'm currently seeing is that when I
> | do a reply (either with 'r' or 'f') the body of the original message is
> | not included or quoted in the reply.  I used gnus a while back and never
> | had any problem with original not being included or quoted in the reply
> | message.  I have manually tried calling gnus-summary-reply-with-original
> | but that also seems quite broken, not even giving me an email header in
> | the message, not the body of the original.
>
> | Is there a setting to allow this behaviour to work properly? I'll add
> | that I am running the git version of emacs so there might be a bug due
> | to a new gnus merge, but I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone
> | has any suggestions.
>
> "F" works great for me

Exactly. That's what I'm using too.

* Re: Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-06 21:10         ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2011-10-06 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Burton> Sivaram, Bug submitted.  Thanks for the attempt at helping.

What happens when you type C-c C-y in the reply window?

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD

* Re: Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-07  5:32     ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2011-10-07  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

Burton Samograd <bsamograd@interalia.com> writes:

> Sivaram,
>
> Please note this message was manually quoted.
>
>> What does 'R' instead of 'r' give as that's the key to quote the
>> original message?  And if 'R' does not work, can you tell what it's
>> bound to, in the Summary buffer by trying C-h k R ?
>
> When I type R on your message I get the following buffer:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
> That is it (without the dashed lines).
>
> R is bound to:
>
>    R runs the command gnus-summary-reply-with-original

I experienced the same few days ago(on emacs24). then I updated emacs
trunk.. then problem has gone..

--
YYR

* Re: Gnus Reply With Original Message Quoted
@ 2011-10-07 19:32           ` Burton Samograd
From: Burton Samograd @ 2011-10-07 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

> Burton> Sivaram, Bug submitted.  Thanks for the attempt at helping.
>
> What happens when you type C-c C-y in the reply window?

It turned out to be an emacs bug from a stale git mirror.  It has been
fixed in bzr trunk.

--
Burton Samograd