* Re: Gmane group: "411 no such group"
       [not found] <mailman.478.1264889289.14305.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2010-02-01 15:57 ` Ted Zlatanov
       [not found]   ` <mailman.576.1265083388.14305.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-02-01 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:07:32 +0000 (UTC) Florent Georges <lists@fgeorges.org> wrote:

FG>   Hi,
FG>   I am trying to subscribe to a Gmane group.  I did:

FG>     - B (in the group buffer)
FG>     - nntp
FG>     - news.gmane.org
FG>     - put the point on gmane.text.xml.xquery.general
FG>     - u

FG>   In the group buffer, the group appears without any article
FG> count (but "*" instead), even if I update the buffer.  If I try
FG> to open the group, I get the following error:

FG>     Couldn't activate group nntp+news.gmane.org:
FG>     gmane.text.xml.xquery.general: 411 no such group

Try opening the group from the list you got directly from the server
(where you hit `u').  If it doesn't work, try the GMane web interface to
see if this group is supported at all.

Ted

* Re: Gmane group: "411 no such group"
@ 2010-02-02  4:02   ` Florent Georges
       [not found]   ` <mailman.576.1265083388.14305.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Florent Georges @ 2010-02-02  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ted Zlatanov writes:

  Hi,

> FG>     Couldn't activate group nntp+news.gmane.org:
> FG>     gmane.text.xml.xquery.general: 411 no such group

> Try opening the group from the list you got directly from the
> server (where you hit `u').  If it doesn't work, try the GMane
> web interface to see if this group is supported at all.

  Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, the symptom is the
same if I type RET in the group list from the server (the 411
message above).  About the group name, yes I copied & pasted it
from there:

    http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xquery.general

  I really do not have any clue nor any direction where to
investigate further :-(

  Thank you for trying :-)  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/

@ 2010-03-30 21:07     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-03-30 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 04:02:27 +0000 (UTC) Florent Georges <lists@fgeorges.org> wrote:

FG> Ted Zlatanov writes:
FG>   Hi,

FG> Couldn't activate group nntp+news.gmane.org:
FG> gmane.text.xml.xquery.general: 411 no such group

>> Try opening the group from the list you got directly from the
>> server (where you hit `u').  If it doesn't work, try the GMane
>> web interface to see if this group is supported at all.

FG>   Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, the symptom is the
FG> same if I type RET in the group list from the server (the 411
FG> message above).  About the group name, yes I copied & pasted it
FG> from there:

FG>     http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xquery.general

FG>   I really do not have any clue nor any direction where to
FG> investigate further :-(

FG>   Thank you for trying :-)  Regards,

I tried and this works fine for me.  I am not sure what to suggest.
Maybe look in the NNTP logs?  `M-x toggle-debug-on-error' and see if
you're getting errors?  Make sure your Gnus and Emacs are up to date?

Ted

* Gmane group: "411 no such group"
@ 2010-01-30 22:07 Florent Georges
From: Florent Georges @ 2010-01-30 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

  Hi,

  I am trying to subscribe to a Gmane group.  I did:

    - B (in the group buffer)
    - nntp
    - news.gmane.org
    - put the point on gmane.text.xml.xquery.general
    - u

  In the group buffer, the group appears without any article
count (but "*" instead), even if I update the buffer.  If I try
to open the group, I get the following error:

    Couldn't activate group nntp+news.gmane.org:
    gmane.text.xml.xquery.general: 411 no such group

  Any idea?

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges