* getting who its TO rather than FROM in the sent folder summary
@ 2010-02-24 15:26 Nigel Beck
From: Nigel Beck @ 2010-02-24 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

My understanding is that if gnus-ignored-from-addresses is set to, eg,
"Nigel Beck", or some regex of underlying email addresses, that the
summary buffer for my sent items group(s) would show who the mail is
TO... but, alas, no such luck.

1) Is it my summary line format?
My summary line format is
(setq gnus-summary-line-format
      (concat "%U%R %~(pad-right 2)t%* %uj %B%~(max-right 20)~(pad-right 20)n  "
          "%~(max-right 40)~(pad-right 40)s %-80=%&user-date;\n"))

where user function j just marks whether its TO me or CC me, and user
date pretties up the dates a little.  Is "~n" not the right thing here?

2) Is something cached here, where I need to refresh the sent items
group somehow?

3) Option three....?
--
Nigel Beck
http://www.nigelbeck.com

* Re: getting who its TO rather than FROM in the sent folder summary
@ 2010-02-25  8:07 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2010-02-25  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Feb 24 2010, Nigel Beck wrote:

> My understanding is that if gnus-ignored-from-addresses is set to, eg,
> "Nigel Beck", or some regex of underlying email addresses, that the
> summary buffer for my sent items group(s) would show who the mail is
> TO... but, alas, no such luck.

Did you read (info "(gnus)To From Newsgroups")?

> 1) Is it my summary line format?
> My summary line format is
> (setq gnus-summary-line-format
>       (concat "%U%R %~(pad-right 2)t%* %uj %B%~(max-right 20)~(pad-right 20)n  "
>           "%~(max-right 40)~(pad-right 40)s %-80=%&user-date;\n"))
>
> where user function j just marks whether its TO me or CC me, and user
> date pretties up the dates a little.  Is "~n" not the right thing here?

You need `%f' ...

`----

`----

> 3) Option three....?