From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Spam quation : procmail v spam.el using spamassassin.
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:33:39 +0200	[thread overview]

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On 21 Jun 2006, hadronquark@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, G c brings up a emacs customization page which doesnt
>> work : it doesnt repsond to any selections. I have no idea why as
>> everything else I run works fine.
>
> On the left, there should be a checkbox next to each configurable
> entry.  You have to click that before you modify the entry itself, to
> mark it as configured.  Then hit 'done' at the top.

So it is different than other config screens such as cutstomize-group mail?

> `G c' is a front-end to `G p' (I'm oversimplifying, but it's mostly
> true).  Hit `G p' after `G c' to see the actual parameters generated
> by your configuration.

I am unable to alter any settings. Hitting "done" does nothing. Pressing
"q" does nothing. I get a page of settings when I hit G c alright but
they seem uneditable and G p does nothing too.

As an example, I am on a group in summary and hit G c. Up comes the
Group Pamaters for that group. First one is "Address" which has a check
box thingy (just a bullet point I think) on the left, but set or unset I
am unable to type into the Address edit field and emacs report that the
"widget here is not active".

from messages : "widget-overlay-inactive: The widget here is not active"

clicking on "more" or "done" does nothing.

G p on the group produces:
;;; Editing the group parameters for `gnu.emacs.gnus'.
;; Type `C-c C-c' after you've finished editing.

nil

if you have any ideas they would be much appreciated.