* message-default-headers
@ 2005-09-29  1:56 Jerry Sievers
From: Jerry Sievers @ 2005-09-29  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello;

I am trying to get a few custom headers into mail message buffers from
Gnus and thought I could set the message-default-headers variable in
the group parameters to make it work.

((total-expire . t)
(message-default-headers "Test-Header: foo"))

Doesn't work though.

Tried making the message-default-headers variable buffer local and
also tried setting message-generate-headers-first to 't' to no avail.

Please, what's wrong here?

Thanks

Jerry Sievers   305 854-3001 (home)     WWW ECommerce Consultant
                305 321-1144 (mobile	http://www.JerrySievers.com/

* Re: message-default-headers
@ 2005-09-29  2:30 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2005-09-29  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jerry Sievers <jerry@jerrysievers.com> writes:

> Hello;
>
> I am trying to get a few custom headers into mail message buffers from
> Gnus and thought I could set the message-default-headers variable in
> the group parameters to make it work.
>
> ((total-expire . t)
> (message-default-headers "Test-Header: foo"))
>
> Doesn't work though.
>
> Tried making the message-default-headers variable buffer local and
> also tried setting message-generate-headers-first to 't' to no avail.

NB I am NOT an expert!!

Group parameters are dotted pairs, so should it be

(message-default-headers . "Test-Header: foo")  ??

However, in the manual "message-default-headers" is  not listed as an
acceptable group parameter.  So maybe you could do it via the
posting-style parameter which IS listed

,----
| posting-style
|
|     You can store additional posting style information for this group here
|     (see section 5.5 Posting Styles). The format is that of an entry in
|     the gnus-posting-styles alist, except that there's no regexp matching
|     the group name (of course). Style elements in this group parameter
|     will take precedence over the ones found in gnus-posting-styles.
|
|     For instance, if you want a funky name and signature in this group
|     only, instead of hacking gnus-posting-styles, you could put something
|     like this in the group parameters:
|

| (posting-style
|   (name "Funky Name")
|   ("X-My-Header" "Funky Value")
|   (signature "Funky Signature"))
`----

Funky, eh?

hth

Glyn

* Re: message-default-headers
@ 2005-09-29  2:44   ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2005-09-29  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:

> Group parameters are dotted pairs, so should it be
>
> (message-default-headers . "Test-Header: foo")  ??

Sorry to follow-up to myself - thinking before posting really helps :-(

The above is beside the point!!  But posting styles may be the way to go!

atb

> However, in the manual "message-default-headers" is  not listed as an
> acceptable group parameter.  So maybe you could do it via the
> posting-style parameter which IS listed
>
> From manual section 2.10
>
> ,----
> | posting-style
> |
> |     You can store additional posting style information for this group here
> |     (see section 5.5 Posting Styles). The format is that of an entry in
> |     the gnus-posting-styles alist, except that there's no regexp matching
> |     the group name (of course). Style elements in this group parameter
> |     will take precedence over the ones found in gnus-posting-styles.
> |
> |     For instance, if you want a funky name and signature in this group
> |     only, instead of hacking gnus-posting-styles, you could put something
> |     like this in the group parameters:
> |

> | (posting-style
> |   (name "Funky Name")
> |   ("X-My-Header" "Funky Value")