* fetchmail as cronjob + gnus -- safe?
@ 2005-08-17 14:31 Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2005-08-17 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallöchen!

For a couple of days now, I call fetchmail in regular intervals for
fetching mail and writing it to my unix mailbox (in
/var/mail/bronger I think).  Gnus is supposed to read from there.

Theoretically it is possible that both actions happen at the same
time.  Is this dangerous, or is some locking mechanism used to do it
safely?

Tschö,
Torsten.