* different From: address for each nnimap group?
@ 2004-11-14 21:36 Joost Kremers
       [not found] ` <m3zn1k81a3.fsf@doze.jochen-kuepper.de>
From: Joost Kremers @ 2004-11-14 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all,

just started using Gnus for both mail and news, and i'm having a question
that i can't seem to get answered from the documentation.

when i post to usenet, i want my email address to appear as you see in the
From: header. so i set user-mail-address to it. however, this yahoo
address is not my main email address. i use it for usenet and for all of
these on-line registrations, anything i expect to get spam from,
basically. i have two other addresses, one work and one private, which i
access through nnimap-backends. now when i send from either of these nnimap
groups, i want the corresponding email address to appear in my From:
header, rather than the yahoo address.

i just haven't been able to find how to accomplish this. anyone have an
idea?

TIA

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: different From: address for each nnimap group?
       [not found]       ` <878y94x7a6.fsf@teuctli.localdomain>
@ 2004-11-15  7:09         ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2004-11-15  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joost Kremers <joostkremers@yahoo.com> writes:

> pkd <p_u_n_k_i_n_d@yahoo.it> writes:
>
>> from the 2nd example on that info node,
>>
>> ,----
>> |              ;; If I'm replying to Larsi, set the Organization header.
>> |              ((header "from" "larsi.*org")
>> |               (Organization "Somewhere, Inc."))
>> `----
>
> but as the info node says, "The original article is the one your are
> repyling or following up to. If you are not composing a reply or a
> followup, then there is nothing to match against." which is of course why
> this rule matches against the From: header. i would like to be able to
> match against the headers of the message i'm going to write, not to any
> header of the message i'm replying to.

Hi Joost,

Have  a look at the stuff under "Alternate personalities" on the Emacs wiki

The first two might fit the bill.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryGnus

hth

Glyn