* Re: Not killing viewer?!
       [not found] ` <mailman.11989.1523398521.27995.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2018-04-11  6:45   ` Gijs Hillenius
       [not found]   ` <mailman.12003.1523429115.27995.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2018-04-11  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: Adam Sjøgren, info-gnus-english

On 11 Apr 2018, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>> I receive an email with a Microsoft Word document attached. That is
>> annoying in itself, but I click it, and Libreoffice opens with the
>> document.
>>
>> So far, so good.
>>
>> Then I read the next email in Gnus.
>>
>> And Libreoffice is killed. Gone. Window closed.
>>
>> Which is kind of annoying as I wanted to look at another email at the
>> same time as looking at the Microsoft Word document.
>>
>> Wasn't this fixed at some point? Do I just need to twiddle some
>> configuration?
>
> Yes, I think this is covered by the `mm-keep-viewer-alive-types'
> variable.

Ah!

I confirm that adding these three

        "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"
  	"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation"
	"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"

indeed keeps these attachments open, whereas the default values
"application/msword" and "application/vnd.ms-excel" did not.

* Re: Not killing viewer?!
       [not found]   ` <mailman.12003.1523429115.27995.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2018-04-11  6:54     ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2018-04-11  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: Adam Sjøgren, info-gnus-english

On 11 Apr 2018, Gijs Hillenius wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2018, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>>
>>> I receive an email with a Microsoft Word document attached. That is
>>> annoying in itself, but I click it, and Libreoffice opens with the
>>> document.
>>>
>>> So far, so good.
>>>
>>> Then I read the next email in Gnus.
>>>
>>> And Libreoffice is killed. Gone. Window closed.
>>>
>>> Which is kind of annoying as I wanted to look at another email at
>>> the same time as looking at the Microsoft Word document.
>>>
>>> Wasn't this fixed at some point? Do I just need to twiddle some
>>> configuration?
>>
>> Yes, I think this is covered by the `mm-keep-viewer-alive-types'
>> variable.
>
> Ah!
>
> I confirm that adding these three
>
> "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"
> 	"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation"
> 	"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"
>
> indeed keeps these attachments open, whereas the default values
> "application/msword" and "application/vnd.ms-excel" did not.

And let's not forget these:

	"application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet"
	"application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text"
	"application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation"

* Re: Not killing viewer?!
@ 2018-04-11 11:45     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2018-04-11 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gijs Hillenius; +Cc: Adam Sjøgren, info-gnus-english

Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> writes:

> I confirm that adding these three
>
>         "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"
>   	"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation"
> 	"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"

Wow.  Those are some Content-Types.  :-)

Hm...  that variable is a list of regexps.  Perhaps we should put
"application/vnd.*" into the list?  I think I'll do so...

* Re: Not killing viewer?!
       [not found] <mailman.7632.1458119945.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2018-04-10 22:05 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
       [not found] ` <mailman.11989.1523398521.27995.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2018-04-10 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: info-gnus-english

> I receive an email with a Microsoft Word document attached. That is
> annoying in itself, but I click it, and Libreoffice opens with the
> document.
>
> So far, so good.
>
> Then I read the next email in Gnus.
>
> And Libreoffice is killed. Gone. Window closed.
>
> Which is kind of annoying as I wanted to look at another email at the
> same time as looking at the Microsoft Word document.
>
> Wasn't this fixed at some point? Do I just need to twiddle some
> configuration?

Yes, I think this is covered by the `mm-keep-viewer-alive-types'
variable.

* Not killing viewer?!
@ 2016-03-16  9:18 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-03-16  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I receive an email with a Microsoft Word document attached. That is
annoying in itself, but I click it, and Libreoffice opens with the
document.

So far, so good.

Then I read the next email in Gnus.

And Libreoffice is killed. Gone. Window closed.

Which is kind of annoying as I wanted to look at another email at the
same time as looking at the Microsoft Word document.

Wasn't this fixed at some point? Do I just need to twiddle some
configuration?

  Grumpily yours,

    Adam

--
 "Watch it man, there's a beverage here"                      Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk