* message too large?
@ 2016-02-03  1:40 ZWu
       [not found] ` <mailman.3475.1454475781.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: ZWu @ 2016-02-03  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb18030", Size: 443 bytes --]

In newsgroup, when followup and yank, the message will grow larger and
larger.

Gnus refuses to send, remind like "could'nt send message via news
... limit is 0.6".

The only solution I find is to remove some part the message.

Any ideas are appreciated!
--
ÄãºÃ£¡
Hello, world!

* Re: message too large?
@ 2016-02-03  5:02 ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found] ` <mailman.3475.1454475781.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-02-03  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

ZWu writes:

> In newsgroup, when followup and yank, the message will grow larger and
> larger.
>
> Gnus refuses to send, remind like "could'nt send message via news
> ... limit is 0.6".

Sounds like you have too much quoted text compared to new text?

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Trimming_and_reformatting

Please show the exact error message.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "current mood is to crush live audiences. if you work        Adam Sjøgren
  to book shows, contact us now."                        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: message too large?
       [not found] ` <mailman.3475.1454475781.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2016-02-03  6:03   ` ZWu
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: ZWu @ 2016-02-03  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Many thanks.
> ZWu writes:
>
>> In newsgroup, when followup and yank, the message will grow larger and
>> larger.
>>
>> Gnus refuses to send, remind like "could'nt send message via news
>> ... limit is 0.6".
>
> Sounds like you have too much quoted text compared to new text?
Yeah, each time I reply an article, I use 'F' to quote the old
text.

This is the error message. The mojibak gibberish is non-English
characters I think.

Sending news via news.newsfan.net using nntp...

--
你好!
Hello, world!

* Re: message too large?
@ 2016-02-03  6:13     ` ZWu
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3512.1454518602.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: ZWu @ 2016-02-03  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb18030", Size: 244 bytes --]

The mojibak above is non-English newsgroup name I think.
--
ÄãºÃ£¡
Hello, world!

* Re: message too large?
@ 2016-02-03 16:56     ` Adam Sjøgren
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3512.1454518602.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-02-03 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

ZWu writes:

> Yeah, each time I reply an article, I use 'F' to quote the old
> text.

And then you delete the text that is not relevant, and add your comments
interleaved, as I do here?

> This is the error message. The mojibak gibberish is non-English
> characters I think.

(I have trimmed those in the quote below:)

> Sending news via news.newsfan.net using nntp...
> 441 "[...]" 41/48 0.85, limit is 0.60
> Couldn't send message via news: 441 "[...]" 41/48 0.85, limit is 0.60

The error comes from the news.newsfan.net, it is not a limit imposed by
Gnus.

"441" means "Posting failed".

It looks like the message is trying to tell you that 41 lines of 48
lines was quotes (85%), and the news server only allows 60% quotes in a
post.

I think the administrator of the news-server you are using wants you to
follow usenet conventions and NOT quote everything in your answer, but
trim down the quotations down to the parts you are actually answering.

The point of that is explained on the wikipedia-page I linked to
earlier.

  Good luck,

    Adam

--
 "Sadly, these days, if you know the difference               Adam Sjøgren
  between a phillips- and a flat head screwdriver,       asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: message too large?
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3512.1454518602.843.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2016-02-04  1:39       ` ZWu
From: ZWu @ 2016-02-04  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> ZWu writes:
>
>> Yeah, each time I reply an article, I use 'F' to quote the old
>> text.
>
> And then you delete the text that is not relevant, and add your comments
> interleaved, as I do here?
I did not delete the quoted text manually as you did. But I do add
comments interleaved.

So the issue is: delete unwanted quoted text MANUALLY.
>> Sending news via news.newsfan.net using nntp...
>> 441 "[...]" 41/48 0.85, limit is 0.60
>> Couldn't send message via news: 441 "[...]" 41/48 0.85, limit is 0.60
>
> The error comes from the news.newsfan.net, it is not a limit imposed by
> Gnus.
>
> "441" means "Posting failed".
>
> It looks like the message is trying to tell you that 41 lines of 48
> lines was quotes (85%), and the news server only allows 60% quotes in a
> post.
That's help me a lot. Now got to know the meaning of those numbers.

> I think the administrator of the news-server you are using wants you to
> follow usenet conventions and NOT quote everything in your answer, but
> trim down the quotations down to the parts you are actually answering.

From you comments, finally see the rule: trim unwanted quoted text
while editing message.
--
你好!