* Re: IMAP copies of usenet posts in exactly the same format
       [not found] <mailman.12886.1415197636.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2014-11-05 23:57 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-11-05 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

"Andrzej A. Filip" <andrzej.filip@gmail.com> writes:

> How to make gnus store copies of usent posts in IMAP
> folder in exactly the same format as they are sent
> to usenet?

There are several ways to do that, though I don't know
exactly what you mean by "exactly the same format".

The best and most "automatic" way I've found is to set
`gnus-message-archive-group'. In my case, as I use
nnml for mail, it looks like this:

    (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnml:mail.sent")

This will insert a Gcc header to your outgoing
messages:

    Gcc: nnml:mail.sent

In effect, you are archiving your outgoings by sending
them to yourself.

As for the "same format", in nnml you get a file on
your filesystem for each message. With the 'file'
command, it tells me the files are "news or mail,
ASCII text" - all files (mails and news), so that's
pretty much the same format, I'd say. (Of course, most
often I access them from Gnus, but sometimes as
filesystem files, yes.)

If you get tired of seeing the Gcc header all the
time, use

    (setq message-hidden-headers '( ... "Gcc:") )

If you don't like this method, there are hooks to the
message-mode:

    message-send-hook
    message-send-mail-hook
    message-send-news-hook
    message-sent-hook

You can setup those to save your messages in any way
you like.

--
underground experts united

* IMAP copies of usenet posts in exactly the same format
@ 2014-11-05 14:26 Andrzej A. Filip
From: Andrzej A. Filip @ 2014-11-05 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

How to make gnus store copies of usent posts in IMAP folder in exactly the same
format as they are sent to usenet?

Storing copies works in my case but copies are saved as quoted-printable and
posts go as 8bit.  O would like to limit mail format change only to usenet
posts copies.