* M-g does not work for newsgroups
@ 2012-09-09 23:08 Cecil Westerhof
       [not found] ` <mailman.8548.1347300721.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2012-09-09 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

When I am in gnus-group-mode I can check for new messages with M-g if
the selected group is an email group. When it is a news group this
does not work. Why not?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: M-g does not work for newsgroups
@ 2012-09-10 18:12 ` Charles Philip Chan
       [not found] ` <mailman.8548.1347300721.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-09-10 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

Hi Cecil:

> When I am in gnus-group-mode I can check for new messages with M-g if
> the selected group is an email group. When it is a news group this
> does not work. Why not?

Works fine for me here with my local Leafnode server. We can't help you
without more details.

Cheers,
Charles

--
Sigh.  I like to think it's just the Linux people who want to be on
the "leading edge" so bad they walk right off the precipice.

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

@ 2012-09-10 18:48   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2012-09-10 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Op maandag 10 sep 2012 20:12 CEST schreef Charles Philip Chan:

>> When I am in gnus-group-mode I can check for new messages with M-g if
>> the selected group is an email group. When it is a news group this
>> does not work. Why not?
>
> Works fine for me here with my local Leafnode server. We can't help you
> without more details.

What details do you need?

Some details (if others needed: let me know):
    newsserver:    news.aioe.org
    Gnus:          "Gnus v5.13"
    Emacs:         "23.3.1"
    OS:            openSuse 12.1