* Compilation mode; action when visiting next locus
@ 2007-12-17  9:54 Arnaud Diederen (aundro)
From: Arnaud Diederen (aundro) @ 2007-12-17  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello all,

I've been using the "compile" command for a very specific operation:
list the files that match a given pattern, starting at the root of my
project (using the unix 'find' command).

When I <RET> on one of those files, emacs opens it in a buffer, for editing.
That's perfect except for a little thing: I'd like the *compilation*
buffer to disappear, the number of frames to be reduced to 1 (i.e.,
full screen), and the buffer to be opened in that frame.

Actually, what I'd like is an "onvisitlocus" hook, if I may say
so. ..and I have no idea how to that at all. Can anyone help?

Thank you all,

        Arnaud.

* Re: Compilation mode; action when visiting next locus
@ 2007-12-18 11:47 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-12-18 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Mon, Dec 17 2007, Arnaud Diederen (aundro) wrote:

> I've been using the "compile" command for a very specific operation:
> list the files that match a given pattern, starting at the root of my
> project (using the unix 'find' command).

Wrong list/newsgroup.  Try gnu.emacs.help / gmane.emacs.help /
help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Compilation mode; action when visiting next locus
@ 2007-12-18 13:07 ` Martin Fischer
From: Martin Fischer @ 2007-12-18 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

8<--------------------------------------------------------------------

  > Actually, what I'd like is an "onvisitlocus" hook, if I may say
  > so. ..and I have no idea how to that at all. Can anyone help?

Hi,

look at the documentation of the command next-error (M-x
apropos-command RET next-error RET) and you will be directed to
next-error-hook, which is what you are looking for.

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de

* Re: Compilation mode; action when visiting next locus
@ 2007-12-19  8:45   ` Arnaud Diederen (aundro)
From: Arnaud Diederen (aundro) @ 2007-12-19  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> On Mon, Dec 17 2007, Arnaud Diederen (aundro) wrote:
>
> > I've been using the "compile" command for a very specific operation:
> > list the files that match a given pattern, starting at the root of my
> > project (using the unix 'find' command).
>
> Wrong list/newsgroup.  Try gnu.emacs.help / gmane.emacs.help /
> help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org.

Wooops!
Wrong newsgroup indeed. Sorry about that.

       A.

* Re: Compilation mode; action when visiting next locus
@ 2007-12-19  8:46   ` Arnaud Diederen (aundro)
From: Arnaud Diederen (aundro) @ 2007-12-19  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Martin Fischer <nospam@nospam.net> writes:

>   >>>>> Arnaud Diederen (aundro) writes:
>   > Date: 17 Dec 2007 10:54:33 +0100
> 8<--------------------------------------------------------------------
>   >
>   > Actually, what I'd like is an "onvisitlocus" hook, if I may say
>   > so. ..and I have no idea how to that at all. Can anyone help?
>   >

> Hi,
>
> look at the documentation of the command next-error (M-x
> apropos-command RET next-error RET) and you will be directed to
> next-error-hook, which is what you are looking for.

Hi Martin,

thanks for the pointer; that's absolutely what I needed.

Best regards,
        Arnaud