* Posting charset problem
@ 2005-01-23 10:21 Tomasz Dymek
From: Tomasz Dymek @ 2005-01-23 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I have some trouble with gnus posting charset after move from old
mandrake and xemacs to the Fedora FC 3 with GNU Emacs.
I mostly post articles  in pl.* groups. The recomeded charset in those
group is iso-8859-2 with 8bit encoding in body and 7bit headers.

I've got
(set-language-environment 'Polish)
in  my .emacs file

and

(setq  gnus-default-charset (quote iso-8859-2))
;; MIME

(defun mm-read-charset (prompt)
 "Return a charset"
 'iso-8859-2
)
(setq gnus-default-posting-charset (quote iso-8859-2))

in my .gnus file

The result is unfortunately onlu half ok because body of posted
message is in iso-8859-2/8bit and headers to. They should be 7bit.

--
                                                                    * Tomek.
BLOWN UP BY FOUR CORVETTES. ENGAGING PLOT DEVICE. U-568.

* Re: Posting charset problem
@ 2005-01-25  9:13 ` Mikhail Pachkov
From: Mikhail Pachkov @ 2005-01-25  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

## On 23 Jan 2005 11:21:59 +0100
## Tomasz Dymek wrote:

 TD> The result is unfortunately onlu half ok because body of posted
 TD> message is in iso-8859-2/8bit and headers to. They should be 7bit.

Hi Tomasz,

I think you can try mime/field-encoding-method-alist to set the
encoding of the headers.

I have for example in my .gnus.el:

(setq mime/field-encoding-method-alist
      '(
	("Subject" . koi8-r)
	(t . mime)
	))

in order to have Subject always in koi8-r. I think that change of it
to iso....-1 will do the trick.

Good luck!

Mikhail