* Re: What value .gnus?
       [not found] <873csn1fip.fsf@smtp.blueyonder.co.uk>
@ 2002-09-06 19:43 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-09-06 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith O'Connell <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I use the emacs customisation options to modify it, the changes
> are put into .emacs, even the changes specific to gnus are put in
> .emacs. This being the case, what is the value of a .gnus file? Why
> maintain two if the program itself tends to create just the one.

You can get separate files with customize if you use initsplit.el

<http://www.gci-net.com/users/j/johnw/Emacs/initsplit.el>

--
Booting... /vmemacs.el

@ 2002-09-06 13:21 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-06 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith O'Connell <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> When I use the emacs customisation options to modify it, the changes
> are put into .emacs, even the changes specific to gnus are put in
> .emacs. This being the case, what is the value of a .gnus file? Why
> maintain two if the program itself tends to create just the one.

Some people prefer to keep the settings separate.  Other people
prefer a single file.

Sadly, Customize doesn't give you a choice, but oh, well.

kai