* Re: suck, innd and gnus - hopelessly lost ;-(
       [not found] ` <vafr8hxkr50.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-07-21 18:55   ` A. L. Meyers
From: A. L. Meyers @ 2002-07-21 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai writes:

> A. L. Meyers <nospam.look@replyto.because.this.is.invalid> writes:
>
>> The last step, configuring Gnus to look for news from the spool, I
>> think I can manage setting the variable gnus-select-method to nnspool
>> and entering the correct file name in the customise buffer.
>
> Maybe you can also just point Gnus to (nntp "localhost").

Pleased to be able to report that my ISP has apparently added the
famous line

Newsgroups:full

to overview.fmt .

In any case beginning this afternoon Gnus has begun substituting
Newgroups headers for From names in the summary buffer. Thus a huge inn
stone has fallen off my weakling chest.

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP Key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-21 18:55 UTC | newest]