* nnmaildir vs nnimap (dovecot@localhost)
@ 2020-09-09  8:15 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2020-09-09  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

at the moment I use nnmaildir back-end to access all my emails - several
accounts + ~65k old archive. For fetching messages and feeding my
~/Maildir I use mbsync + notmuch as search engine.

in #gnus I did ask about pro/cons in using nnimap back-end by having
dovecot running locally on localhost, but would like to get some input
here?

Since I like notmuch's query capabilities, I wonder if I can keep using
it along with nnimap/dovecot?

Any other pro/cons?

I was also considering to use getmail to fetch/sort/scan my email, but
decided to stay with mbsync since I have a need to occasionally check
email with my Android phone and will delegate sorting/scanning to the
provider's server.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The intricacies of action are very hard to understand.
Therefore one should know properly what action is,