* nnmaildir vs nnimap
@ 2018-11-21 20:24 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2018-11-21 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

in the past I had several instances that the mail which was sent from
Gnus (using smtpmail) did fail with

(gcc-self . "nnimap+gour:INBOX.Sent")

and therefore I'm thinking how to prevent it in the future...

Today, after resuming my Gnus setup, I noticed that instead of

(gcc-self . "nnmaildir:gour.sent")

I had to use

(gcc "nnmaildir:gour.sent")

Now, I am not sure whether to just use nnmaildir back-end where msmtp is
used for sending and the mail is fetched either via mbsync or, possibly,
getmail or to use nnimap back-end, msmtp for sending and then
e.g. getmail in order to have local copy of my mail from remote IMAP
servers.

So, the question is whether using nnimap does provide some advantages
over just using nnmaildir which is used for storage of my archive  along
with motmuch?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Never was there a time when I did not exist,
nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-11-21 20:24 UTC | newest]