* Set process mark according to author
@ 2015-04-19 13:01 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-04-19 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Did someone ever hack a function to set the process mark on all messages
from a given author ? Right now when I want to remove/copy all messages
from an author,  I use gnus-summary-limit-to-author, mark all messages
in the buffer, do whatever I want with them, then pop the limit to get
back to the original summary. It's taking a lot of keystrokes...

Julien.

* Re: Set process mark according to author
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1160.1429515196.904.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2015-04-20 21:08     ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2015-04-20 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

>> This works ... process-sender
>
> Indeed it does. I just had to define ...
>
>     gnus-article-header-value ...
>
> which seems to be a custom function of yours.

Oh! Good digging.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: Set process mark according to author
@ 2015-04-20  7:32   ` Julien Cubizolles
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1160.1429515196.904.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2015-04-20  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> This works:
>
> (defun process-sender (sender)
>   (gnus-kill "From" sender '(gnus-summary-mark-as-processable 1) t) )
>
> (defun process-sender-at-point ()
>   (interactive)
>   (save-window-excursion          ; better way
>     (gnus-summary-select-article) ; to do this?
>     (let ((sender (gnus-article-header-value "From")))
>       (process-sender sender) )))

Indeed it does. I just had to define:

(defun gnus-article-header-value (header)
  "Get the value of HEADER for the current article."
  (with-current-buffer gnus-original-article-buffer
    (gnus-fetch-field header) ))

which seems to be a custom function of yours.

Thanks,

@ 2015-04-19 22:46   ` Emanuel Berg
       [not found]   ` <mailman.1160.1429515196.904.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2015-04-19 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> Did someone ever hack a function to set the process
>> mark on all messages from a given author ?
>> Right now when I want to remove/copy all messages
>> from an author, I use gnus-summary-limit-to-author,
>> mark all messages in the buffer, do whatever I want
>> with them, then pop the limit to get back to the
>> original summary. It's taking a lot of
>> keystrokes...
>
> Try this. In the summary buffer, hit M-:, then type
>
>     (gnus-kill "From" "Joe Hacker" '(gnus-summary-mark-as-processable 1) t)
>
> If it works do a defun wrapper which only accepts
> a name and inserts that instead of "Joe Hacker".
> Or even better, do a defun that pulls this name from
> the message at point.

This works:

(defun process-sender (sender)
  (gnus-kill "From" sender '(gnus-summary-mark-as-processable 1) t) )

(defun process-sender-at-point ()
  (interactive)
  (save-window-excursion          ; better way
    (gnus-summary-select-article) ; to do this?
    (let ((sender (gnus-article-header-value "From")))
      (process-sender sender) )))

I crosspost this to gnu.emacs.help - perhaps someone
there knows how to set the article in the summary
buffer but without brining it up visually, which would
un-necessitate the use of `save-window-excursion'...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: Set process mark according to author
       [not found] <mailman.1091.1429448493.904.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2015-04-19 22:25 ` Emanuel Berg
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2015-04-19 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)