* no gnus v0.11 and imap log buffer
@ 2011-01-03 11:16 Massimo Gengarelli
From: Massimo Gengarelli @ 2011-01-03 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,

since NO GNUS v0.11, everytime I open a new connection to my IMAP
server, a logging buffer is generated, this buffer contains my PLAIN
PASSWORD (even if the connection is being made over ssl), along with all
the messages exchanged between gnus and the server.  Is there a way to
disable this strange and dangerous buffer from being created every time?

Thanks in advance,
       MG

* Re: no gnus v0.11 and imap log buffer
@ 2011-01-03 23:11 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-03 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Massimo Gengarelli <gengarel@cs.unibo.it> writes:

> since NO GNUS v0.11, everytime I open a new connection to my IMAP
> server, a logging buffer is generated, this buffer contains my PLAIN
> PASSWORD (even if the connection is being made over ssl), along with all
> the messages exchanged between gnus and the server.  Is there a way to
> disable this strange and dangerous buffer from being created every time?

No Gnus is the development version of Gnus.  When it's released, the log
buffer will be removed.

* Re: no gnus v0.11 and imap log buffer
@ 2011-01-03 23:41   ` Massimo Gengarelli
From: Massimo Gengarelli @ 2011-01-03 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Massimo Gengarelli <gengarel@cs.unibo.it> writes:

> No Gnus is the development version of Gnus.  When it's released, the log
> buffer will be removed.

Good to know, thank you ;-)

   -Massi.