* Using real name and email ?
@ 2010-08-11  8:49 Stinky Wizzleteet
From: Stinky Wizzleteet @ 2010-08-11  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi all,

As you can gather "Stinky Wizzleteet" is a pseudonym - I adopted it from Ren
& Stimpy, look it up, it's fun !
It's an old pseudonym I started using after I was victim of the first
wave of spam that progressively started clogging my IRIX mail account,
back in the day.
Turns out, my email address was being scrubbed from my nn postings.
Quickly I turned anonymous. In fact, in turned me away from newsgroups
altogether.
It wasn't until recently, Gijs Hillenius' article in linux
magazine about Emacs to be precise, that turned me back to emacs, gnus,
orgmode and back into my natural habitat (thanks Gijs).

I notice this group and my other favorite group of late -comp.text.tex-
is populated by people using their real name and address, or at least
a real *looking* address.

You guys have a spamfilter made of kryptonite or what ?

Thanks,
Wzzl

--
Stinky Wizzleteet thinks: