* Re: : Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
       [not found] <87pr0tqsal.fsf@linux-lqcw.site>
@ 2010-05-18 13:17 ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2010-05-18 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 18 May 2010, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> Not long ago I started using tc to get better citation. This works okay.
> But just now I got the following when I tried to reply to someone:
> fill-delete-newlines: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
>
> It is a combination of ct and the message, because I just tried several
> other messages and with those there is no problem replying. What could
> be happening here?

I'm bitten by this bug/feature too, have been for years.

I think this mostly (only?) happens when I reply to a reply. It seems
Gnus gets confused about the not *one* but _two_ signatures that may be
in the message it tries to wrap around, adding yet a third.

I blame the other user's mail client (well, duh) that did not strip my
signature when it replied.

My workaround is to create a block (ctrl space etcetera) inside the
reply and quote-reply to that, bypassing/removing all signatures.

* Re: : Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
@ 2010-05-18 15:52   ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2010-05-18 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 18 May 2010, I wrote:

[...]

> I think this mostly (only?) happens when I reply to a reply. It seems
> Gnus gets confused about the not *one* but _two_ signatures that may be
> in the message it tries to wrap around, adding yet a third.

[...]

I decided to test that a bit, and I think I got it wrong, ignore what I
just wrote please. Like Cecil says, the mistake 'wrong side of point'
seems to be caused by lines that contain a > followed by just a space
and not some quoted text.

This works:

> text quoted

But this borks on the second line:

--
printk(KERN_CRIT "Whee.. Swapped out page in kernel page table\n");
        linux-2.6.6/mm/vmalloc.c