* How can I delete all emails at a time?
@ 2009-12-03  3:00 Water Lin
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Water Lin @ 2009-12-03  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I know I can delete emails one by one by B Del.

I also know that I can delete emails at one time by mark them by # and
then use B Del.

But It is still a dirty way. I need to mark emails one by one.

Is there any way I can delete all emails in my mailbox without using
mark command # ?

or is there any way I can mark all emails at one time? like using # one
by one......

Thanks

Water Lin

--
Water Lin's notes and pencils: http://en.waterlin.org
Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

* Re: How can I delete all emails at a time?
@ 2009-12-03  3:17 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2009-12-03  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Is there any way I can delete all emails in my mailbox without using
> mark command # ?

How about `C-u G DEL' in the group buffer?

* Re: How can I delete all emails at a time?
@ 2009-12-03  4:31   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-12-03  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> Is there any way I can delete all emails in my mailbox without using
>> mark command # ?
>
> How about `C-u G DEL' in the group buffer?

That kills the group too.

* Re: How can I delete all emails at a time?
@ 2009-12-03  6:20 ` Slackrat
       [not found] ` <mailman.12091.1259826878.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Slackrat @ 2009-12-03  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Water Lin a écrit profondement:

| I know I can delete emails one by one by B Del.
|
| I also know that I can delete emails at one time by mark them by # and
| then use B Del.

On a group by group basis
C-u 10000
B DEL
yes

--
Slackrat

* Re: How can I delete all emails at a time?
@ 2009-12-03  7:54 ` Nicolas KOWALSKI
       [not found] ` <mailman.12091.1259826878.2239.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Nicolas KOWALSKI @ 2009-12-03  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.invalid> writes:

> I know I can delete emails one by one by B Del.
>
> I also know that I can delete emails at one time by mark them by # and
> then use B Del.
>
> But It is still a dirty way. I need to mark emails one by one.
>
> Is there any way I can delete all emails in my mailbox without using
> mark command # ?

You can use M P a to select all articles, then B DEL to delete the
articles selected.

"
M P a runs the command gnus-uu-mark-all
  which is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `gnus-uu'.
It is bound to M P a, <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Process Mark> <Mark all>.
[Arg list not available until function definition is loaded.]
"

--
Nicolas

* Re: How can I delete all emails at a time?
@ 2009-12-03  8:51   ` Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2009-12-03  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Slackrat a écrit profondement:

| Water Lin a écrit profondement:
|
| | I know I can delete emails one by one by B Del.
| |
| | I also know that I can delete emails at one time by mark them by # and
| | then use B Del.
| |

Depending upon how you are configured, you may not be able to delete _all_
the articles; only "all minus 1" if you don't permit deletion of the last
article in the group

--
Slackrat

@ 2009-12-03  9:42   ` Water Lin
From: Water Lin @ 2009-12-03  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Nicolas KOWALSKI <niko@petole.demisel.net> writes:

> Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.invalid> writes:
>
>> I know I can delete emails one by one by B Del.
>>
>> I also know that I can delete emails at one time by mark them by # and
>> then use B Del.
>>
>> But It is still a dirty way. I need to mark emails one by one.
>>
>> Is there any way I can delete all emails in my mailbox without using
>> mark command # ?
>
> You can use M P a to select all articles, then B DEL to delete the
> articles selected.
>
> "
> M P a runs the command gnus-uu-mark-all
>   which is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `gnus-uu'.
> It is bound to M P a, <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Process Mark> <Mark all>.
> [Arg list not available until function definition is loaded.]
> "

I think this way is OK for me. I will use this way.

Thanks

Water Lin