* Incomingxxx files from pop; how to get it into nnml folders
@ 2007-05-17 14:45 Shanks N
From: Shanks N @ 2007-05-17 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

For the last couple of days, there's been problems with my ISP.  As a
result, the mail downloads from pop gmail have been timed out.  I can
see that the mails downloaded till the time outs are in the
Incomingxxxx files in ~/Mail.  How do I get them into the respective
nnml folders?

regards,
shanks

* Re: Incomingxxx files from pop; how to get it into nnml folders
@ 2007-05-17 15:52 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-05-17 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, May 17 2007, Shanks N wrote:

> I can see that the mails downloaded till the time outs are in the
> Incomingxxxx files in ~/Mail.  How do I get them into the respective
> nnml folders?

(a)
If you also have the standard $MAIL inbox file defined as a mail
source:

  # no locking, so this may lead to loss of incoming mail if other
  # processes write $MAIL as well:
  cat Incoming* >> $MAIL

  ... and the, press `g' in the Group buffer.

(b)
In the Group buffer: `G D ~/Mail/ RET' and copy the relevant files to
your nnml groups (maybe respool them?).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Incomingxxx files from pop; how to get it into nnml folders
@ 2007-05-18  5:12 ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2007-05-18  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Shanks N <shanks.n@gmail.com> writes:

   For the last couple of days, there's been problems with my ISP.  As a
   result, the mail downloads from pop gmail have been timed out.  I can
   see that the mails downloaded till the time outs are in the
   Incomingxxxx files in ~/Mail.  How do I get them into the respective
   nnml folders?

I also find many Incomingxxxx files in ~/Mail. I'm not sure how they
gets created. Maybe because i let my notebook go sleep directly after
work, then at home there's no network. Thus makes `fetchmail' in
trouble.

Anybody knows a solution for this ?

        William

* Re: Incomingxxx files from pop; how to get it into nnml folders
@ 2007-05-18 13:27   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-05-18 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:

Hi William,

> I also find many Incomingxxxx files in ~/Mail. I'm not sure how they
> gets created. Maybe because i let my notebook go sleep directly after
> work, then at home there's no network. Thus makes `fetchmail' in
> trouble.

That's a feature of development gnusea. There the variable

,----[ C-h v mail-source-delete-incoming RET ]
| mail-source-delete-incoming is a variable defined in `mail-source.el'.
| Its value is nil
|

| Documentation:
| *If non-nil, delete incoming files after handling.
| If t, delete immediately, if nil, never delete.  If a positive number, delete
| files older than number of days.
`----

is set to nil, so you won't loose any mail due to failures in the
further processing of gnus.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
If programmers deserve to  be rewarded for creating innovative programs,
by the same  token they deserve to be punished if  they restrict the use

* Re: Incomingxxx files from pop; how to get it into nnml folders
@ 2007-05-19  6:37     ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2007-05-19  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

   That's a feature of development gnusea. There the variable

   ,----[ C-h v mail-source-delete-incoming RET ]
   | mail-source-delete-incoming is a variable defined in `mail-source.el'.
   | Its value is nil
   |

   | Documentation:
   | *If non-nil, delete incoming files after handling.
   | If t, delete immediately, if nil, never delete.  If a positive number, delete
   | files older than number of days.
   `----

   is set to nil, so you won't loose any mail due to failures in the
   further processing of gnus.

Hmm, interestingly it's already t, which looks like the default
value. The Incomingxxx files aren't created upon every incoming
mail. The recent Incomingxxx file is created on 20070509.

        William

* Re: Incomingxxx files from pop; how to get it into nnml folders
@ 2007-05-19  7:38       ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-05-19  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:

Hi William,

> Hmm, interestingly it's already t, which looks like the default
> value.

Yeah, only development versions of gnus have it set to nil by default.

> The Incomingxxx files aren't created upon every incoming mail. The
> recent Incomingxxx file is created on 20070509.

Hm, then I don't know.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
No person,  no idea, and no  religion deserves to be  illegal to insult,
not even the Church of Emacs. (Richard M. Stallman)