* pgg-sign(encrypt)-region works but sign tag is ignored
@ 2006-12-05 11:34 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-12-05 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

This seems really odd, I can sign/encrypt now a region with
pgg-sign(encrypt)-region
but when I use
C-c C-m s p
and then want to send the mail, I am asked for the passwd but then
nothing happens. So this now looks as a mml problem.

Uwe Brauer

* Re: pgg-sign(encrypt)-region works but sign tag is ignored
@ 2006-12-06  1:29 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2006-12-06  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> This seems really odd, I can sign/encrypt now a region with
> pgg-sign(encrypt)-region
> but when I use
> C-c C-m s p
> and then want to send the mail, I am asked for the passwd but then
> nothing happens. So this now looks as a mml problem.

Please do some tests.  For every Elisp form, copy it to the
*scratch* buffer and type `C-j' at the rightmost position of the
last line.

1. Check whether the `with-syntax-table' macro, which
   `mml-parse' uses, works.

(let ((table (copy-syntax-table emacs-lisp-mode-syntax-table)))
  (modify-syntax-entry ?= " " table)
  (with-temp-buffer
    (with-syntax-table table
      (insert "foo=bar")
      (goto-char (point-min))
      (forward-sexp 1)
      (eolp))))

   It should return nil.  There is still a known bug in XEmacs
   21.5.  Though you're using XEmacs 21.4.18 (with no mule, no
   file-coding), I cannot test it since I have only the latest
   XEmacs 21.4.19.

2. Check whether the `mml-parse' function parses a MML tag.

(with-temp-buffer
  (insert "<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>\n")
  (goto-char (point-min))
  (require 'mml)
  (mml-parse))

   It should return:

   ((part (sign . "pgpmime") (tag-location . 1) (contents . "")))

   If the `with-syntax-table' macro doesn't work, you will not
   get this.

3. Check whether a MML function generates a signed message.

(with-temp-buffer
  (mml-generate-mime-1 '(part (sign . "pgpmime")
			      (tag-location . 1)
			      (contents . "testing.\n")))
  (buffer-string))

   You might have to use the following instead.

(with-temp-buffer
  (mml-generate-mime-1 '(part (sign . "pgpmime")
			      (tag-location . 1)
			      (contents . "testing.\n")
			      (sender . "oub")))
  (buffer-string))

   It should return a signed message.

* Re: pgg-sign(encrypt)-region works but sign tag is ignored
@ 2006-12-12 16:05   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-12-12 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

   Katsumi> Please do some tests.  For every Elisp form, copy it to the
   Katsumi> *scratch* buffer and type `C-j' at the rightmost position of the
   Katsumi> last line.

ok
   Katsumi> 1. Check whether the `with-syntax-table' macro, which
   Katsumi>    `mml-parse' uses, works.

   Katsumi> (let ((table (copy-syntax-table emacs-lisp-mode-syntax-table)))
   Katsumi>   (modify-syntax-entry ?= " " table)
   Katsumi>   (with-temp-buffer
   Katsumi>     (with-syntax-table table
   Katsumi>       (insert "foo=bar")
   Katsumi>       (goto-char (point-min))
   Katsumi>       (forward-sexp 1)
   Katsumi>       (eolp))))

   Katsumi>    It should return nil.  There is still a known bug in XEmacs
  it works

   Katsumi> 2. Check whether the `mml-parse' function parses a MML tag.

   Katsumi> (with-temp-buffer
   Katsumi>   (insert "<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>\n")
   Katsumi>   (goto-char (point-min))
   Katsumi>   (require 'mml)
   Katsumi>   (mml-parse))

   Katsumi>    It should return:

   Katsumi>    ((part (sign . "pgpmime") (tag-location . 1) (contents . "")))

It does
   Katsumi>    If the `with-syntax-table' macro doesn't work, you will not
   Katsumi>    get this.

   Katsumi> 3. Check whether a MML function generates a signed message.

   Katsumi> (with-temp-buffer
   Katsumi>   (mml-generate-mime-1 '(part (sign . "pgpmime")
   Katsumi> 			      (tag-location . 1)
   Katsumi> 			      (contents . "testing.\n")))
   Katsumi>   (buffer-string))

   Katsumi>    It should return a signed message.

It does and right now *everything* seems to work :) I am really
puzzled. Thanks for all your help and sorry for this. I don't know
what is up. :(

Uwe