* nnml doesn't show all messages
@ 2005-08-23 10:56 Pranav K. Tiwari
From: Pranav K. Tiwari @ 2005-08-23 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I archive my messages into an nnml group, resulting in some nnml groups
which have 5-6000 emails.

Reading some of these groups through nnml sometimes doesn't show all the
messages. I realized that the .overview file is sometimes
incomplete. Once I remove the .overview, it gets regenerated, and things
work fine afterwards.

What could be causing the problem with .overview? What should I do to
troubleshoot what's causing the problem?

thx,
-p

--
Pranav Tiwari.

* Re: nnml doesn't show all messages
@ 2005-08-23 11:08 ` Torsten Bronger
From: Torsten Bronger @ 2005-08-23 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallöchen!

jpranav@cisco.com (Pranav K. Tiwari) writes:

> I archive my messages into an nnml group, resulting in some nnml groups
> which have 5-6000 emails.
>
> Reading some of these groups through nnml sometimes doesn't show all the
> messages. I realized that the .overview file is sometimes
> incomplete. Once I remove the .overview, it gets regenerated, and things
> work fine afterwards.

I observed a similar thing.  One emails was missing.  It was the one
with the highest article number.  However, it appeared in the
.overview file, and the .mark file was correct, too.  Then I fixed
the upper article number limit in .newsrc.eld but it didn't help
either.  Finally I moved the Email to its own folder (I could get it
by pressing ^ from its follow-up) and everything was fine.  :-/

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus            ICQ 264-296-646