* Re: nnimap and authinfo
       [not found] ` <28p8yz6ormv.fsf@komix-ws38.kom.auc.dk>
@ 2002-12-04 14:43   ` Pat Colbeck
From: Pat Colbeck @ 2002-12-04 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to Thomas its fixed.
Removing the "port 143" made it work. Strange that as a search on google
groups shows lots of people having to add the "port 143" to make it work
at all.

Oh well

I am a happy camper now.

Pat

* Re: nnimap and authinfo
       [not found] <87lm36yqwl.fsf@dasterdly.esc.azlan.co.uk>
@ 2002-12-04 12:11 ` marcuirl
       [not found] ` <28p8yz6ormv.fsf@komix-ws38.kom.auc.dk>
From: marcuirl @ 2002-12-04 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pat Colbeck <pcolbeck@bashq.org> writes:

> I just can seem to get authinfo working with nnimap. It keeps asking me
> for a username and password no matter what I try.
>
> Here is the stuff from .gnus
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
> 	'((nnfolder "")
> 	(nnimap "Azlan"
> 	(nnimap-address "mail.esc.azlan.co.uk")
> 	(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
> 	)))
>
> And here is my .authinfo
>
> machine mail.esc.azlan.co.uk login "AZLAN-UK/some name/some.name"
> password topsecret  port 143
>
> I have also tried a .authinfo like this
>
> machine Azlan login "AZLAN-UK/some name/some.name"
> password topsecret  port 143
>
> No good it still asks for username and password. The server is a
> Microsoft Exchange server and I amd running Oort Gnus from Debian Sid.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pat

Hi Pat,

I'm afraid that I am not going to be any help. Suffice it to say that
I have more or less the same set up you have (I don't have nnfolder or
use a port) and I get asked TWICE for my login and password.

I think it has something to do with what groups on the mail server you
are subscribed too! Could someone correct me on this and maybe help us
out.

I also can reproduce the problem when I have a second IMAP account on a
different location. Depending on which is first i get asked twice for
the login and password, even thought I answer y to the save for future

marcu
--
Unless otherwise noted, the statements herein reflect my
personal opinions and not those of any organisation with