* Re: Emacs from Galeon
       [not found] <877khz1fo5.fsf@smtp.blueyonder.co.uk>
@ 2002-09-06 14:30 ` Juha Autero
From: Juha Autero @ 2002-09-06 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith O'Connell <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently come to gnus from other mail\news clients, and am
> missing only one feature. With Sylpheed set in the options of Galeon
> as the mail client, it was possible to click on a mail address on a
> web page and have a Sylphhed mail compose window appear.
>
> Is it possible to perform this same thing using gnus?

Yes. I have in Galeon Mail handler following string:

gnuclient --eval '(gnus-msg-mail "%t" "%s")'

Though I have no idea where it came from. Replace gnuclient with
(x)emacs if you don't use gnuclient.

--
Juha Autero
http://www.iki.fi/jautero/

* Re: Emacs from Galeon
@ 2002-09-06 16:34   ` Keith O'Connell
From: Keith O'Connell @ 2002-09-06 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juha Autero <Juha.Autero@iki.fi> writes:

> > I have recently come to gnus from other mail\news clients, and am
> > missing only one feature. With Sylpheed set in the options of Galeon
> > as the mail client, it was possible to click on a mail address on a
> > web page and have a Sylphhed mail compose window appear.
> >
> > Is it possible to perform this same thing using gnus?
>
> Yes. I have in Galeon Mail handler following string:
>
> gnuclient --eval '(gnus-msg-mail "%t" "%s")'
>
> Though I have no idea where it came from. Replace gnuclient with
> (x)emacs if you don't use gnuclient.

Perfect - Exactly what I wanted - Thanks very much!! :-)

Keith.
--
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)