* G g and delete mails with Emacs
@ 2022-05-07  0:48 Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2022-05-07  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

since threads are not a super reliable way to find all messages related
to a discussion, I decided to try to delete related messages in my
INBOX (consulted via imap) like the following:

I use G g to create a search group, open it, process mark the messages I
want to archive, and use b to move the messages to my local archive
folder.

But after that procedure, those messages are still available in my INBOX
(and displayed prefixed with "O").

Is there a way to vary this procedure so that those messages on the imap
server are deleted?

TIA,

Michael.